Welcome and thanks for visiting. Selamat datang dan terima kasih telah berkunjung. 欢迎并感谢您的光临。Merci de votre visite à notre site. සාදරයෙන් පිළිගනිමු. Willkommen und vielen Dank für Ihren Besuch. 방문해 주셔서 감사합니다. Welcome and thanks for visiting.
- Friday 8 April 2022, 10:00 - a great chance to relax and chat at our President's Coffee Morning: at the Coffee Club, Carlingford Court.
A week eariler than usual: the following Friday is Good Friday.
- Monday 11 April 2022, 10:00 - General Meeting: meets in the Epping Presbyterian Church Hall, Epping, NSW.
Guest Speaker: Alice Kang, Director Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway - "The Kokoda Walk and Concord Repatriation Hospital".
- Monday 14 March 2022, 14:30 - the Old Codgers Music Circle: CANCELLED this month due to illness.
- Friday 22 April 2022: 10:00 - The Wobblies meet at 10.00am at Bilarong Reserve, Narrabeen Lagoon (off Wakehurst Parkway) for two anti-clockwise 9 km laps (three if we’re fit!) of the lagoon, then coffee/lunch at the H20 Lakeside café.Loan bicycles, helmets and car-pooling may be available if required: contact email@example.com or phone 0487-785-444..
- Wednesday 27 April 2022: 20:00 - Theatre on Chester meet at 8.00pm to presenting Andrew Bovel's Things I Know to Be True (2016). Set in Adelaide, South Australia, the 'naturalistic' plot follows the story and the many struggles of the Price Family. Bob and Fran Price have been married for 30 years and brought up four children. Instead of enjoying retirement, it becomes clear that a parent’s job is never really finished.
- Thursday 28 April 2022: 10:00 - The Ramblers wanderings were re-scheduled to Thursday 5 May -- see below.
- Friday 29 April 2022 - our April Day Outing has been changed to cruise on the Hawkesbury River in the Riverboat Postman mail boat. This mail service started in 1910. Enjoy the magnificent scenery of the lower Hawkesbury River as the boat delivers the mail and other essentials to the river-access-only settlements upriver from Brooklyn. $49 p.p., pay on the day (we can use our NSW Dine-and-Discover vouchers; proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or exemption required).
Morning tea is served on departure, with percolated coffee, hot tea, and home-made ANZAC biscuits. Lunch, which is served around midday, consists of a very Aussie Ploughman's-style plate with shaved ham, tasty cheese, tomato, zucchini, carrot, mixed lettuce, pickled onions, fresh Turkish Bread roll, pickles, fruit chutney, butter & Italian dressing.
Assemble at the Epping station Concourse at 09:00 for the 09:10 train to Hawkesbury River station, arriving at 09:47 a.m. in time to catch the boat at 10:00.
Please register for this revised outing at the April meeting or by email to Russell.Gough51@gmail.com.
- Thursday 5 May 2022: 09:00 - our 'April' Ramble: meet on the concourse at Epping Station at 9.00 a.m. to catch the 9.10 a.m. train from platform 3 to Woy Woy for the Route 64 bus to Blackwall Point: thence we will enjoy a flat, scenic 4 km ramble along the Brisbane Water waterfront reserve back to Woy Woy, with lunch after the ramble at SaTanG Thai, 4/1820 The Boulevarde, Woy Woy. After lunch there are trains from Woy Woy back to Epping every half hour during the afternoon. Please text or call Rick Collins on 0411-611-338 if you would like to come or if you have any queries!
- Monday 9 May 2022, 10:00 - General Meeting: meets in the Epping Presbyterian Church Hall, Epping, NSW.
Guest Speaker: Graham Sims - "Funny Dunnies" - an hilarious presentation. Graham assures us he …..”will be keeping it clean and wholesome for audiences of delicate or genteel disposition”.
Note: This is a change from previous communication where Graham was going to present – "The Day the Ferries Broke Free".
- Wednesday 11 May 2022: noon - join our Dining Group for lunch at the West Pennant Hills Sports Club, 103 New Line Road, West Pennant Hills, NSW, in lieu of our April Day Outing. Book with Ray Palmer.
- Sunday 15 - Saturday 28 May 2022 - 14 days / 13 nights tour Longreach - Winton - Mt Isa - Cloncurry - Karumba Normanton - Cobbold Gorge - Undara - Cairns – Queensland: Outback to Reef. we join this KTG tour departing Sunday 15th May returning Saturday 28th May 2022. Priced around $5990 twin share, includes flights Sydney to Longreach and Cairns to Sydney, luxury coach travel, 13 nights quality accommodation, 27 meals as per itinerary, all entry fees and guides. Enquiries to Wal Gallagher – 0429 484 639.
- Monday 30 May 2022, 08:55 - our delayed By Opal Card trip to Narellan for lunch, starting at Epping Station (Platform 1 near the northern end of the old station building) no later than 8.55 a.m. to catch the 9.01 a.m. train to Rhodes, whence the Route 533 Bus at 9.30 a.m. to Olympic Park, whence the 10.02 a.m. train to Lidcombe for the 10.18 a.m. train to Leppington, whence the Route 841 bus at 11.12 a.m. to Narellan. After lunch at a café to be determined, we will board a bus to Campbelltown and return to Epping by train via Strathfield, changing trains at Glenfield.
- Thursday 2 June 2022: 09:00 - our 'May' Ramble: meet at Western Sydney Parklands (Richmond Road carpark) for a flat 5 km scenic Ramble along the Binyang Matta [Dharug:‘Place of Birds’] Trail, followed by optional lunch at Sawmillers Restaurant, Quakers' Inn, 7 Nirimba Drive, Quakers Hill. Please text or call Rick Collins on 0411-611-338 if you would like to come or if you have any queries!
- Monday 6 June 2022, 10:00 (a week earlier than usual as the 13th June is the Queen's Birthday Public Holiday}- General Meeting: meets in the Epping Presbyterian Church Hall, Epping, NSW.
Guest Speaker: Andrew Biviano - topic: "Estate Planning".
- Wednesday 22 June 2022: noon - potential date for our Dining Group to gather.
- Monday 4 July 2022, 10:00 (a week earlier than usual as the church needs use of the hall on the 11th for School Holiday activities} - General Meeting: meets in the Epping Presbyterian Church Hall, Epping, NSW.
Guest Speaker: Noel Phelan - topic: "The Halvorsen Story".
July or August - Our Theatre Group meet at 8.00 p.m. on a Wednesday to see Theatre on Chester's production of American playwright David Auburn's Pulitzer Prize-winning play Proof (2000). Date and prices to be advised.
- Monday 8 August 2022, 10:00 - General Meeting: meets in the Epping Presbyterian Church Hall, Epping, NSW.
Guest Speaker: Tom Ware - a Short Story followed by a talk about "An Incident in Dubbo Air Space".
- 10 - 21 August 2022 - 12 days / 11 nights tour Adelaide to Alice Springs – The Uluru and Outback Explorer. we join an existing tour departing Wednesday 10th August returning Sunday 21st August 2022. Priced around $5798 twin share, includes flights Sydney to Adelaide and Yulara to Sydney, luxury coach travel, 11 nights quality accommodation, 27 meals as per itinerary, all entry fees and guides.
Enquiries to Wal Gallagher – 0429 484 639.
- Friday 26 August 2022 - our Day Outing (re-scheduled from April) will be a 3-hour Naval Harbour Cruise (operated by the Naval Historical Society of Australia) to the west of the Sydney Harbour Bridge: the sites you will see and learn about include HMAS Waterhen, Cockatoo Island, Spectacle Island and Snapper Island; commentary on the cruise is supported by a complimentary booklet of photos to bring the story to life. During the cruise you will also learn about some of the RAN customs and traditions. The cost is $75 per person, or $65 per person for a group of 10 or more. The cruise starts at 10 a.m. from King Street wharf and finishes at the same place at 1 p.m.
An optional lunch will be planned at a location near the King Street Wharf.
- 18 - 23 September, 2022 - "Linga Longa in Yarrawonga": 6-day / 5-night, staying in a 4-star motel in Yarrawonga, with day tours down-stream along the Murray River [postponed from 2020 to 2021 and now to 2022 due to the pandemic]
Enquiries to Wal Gallagher – 0429 484 639.
October - Our Theatre Group will go to the Smith Auditorium Lyric Theatre, Shore School, Blue Street, North Sydney, for a matinee performance of G&S’s 1879 two-act comic opera Pirates of Penzance (a.k.a. The Slave of Duty). Date and prices to be advised.
November - Our Theatre Group meet at 8.00 p.m. on a Wednesday to see Theatre on Chester's production of English playwright Peter Quilter's stage-comedy Glorious! (2005), telling the story of Florence Foster Jenkins, "the worst singer in the world". Date and prices to be advised.
- Wednesday 7 December, 2022: 11:30 for noon - "Christmas Lunch": in lieu of our December General Meeting and Day Outing. At North Ryde RSL, Magdala Rd., North Ryde. Enquiries to Russell Gough.
Epping and District Probus Club is a men's social club for retirees or semi-retirees offering a new dimension, new adventures and a variety of activities. Our members come from diverse backgrounds, and our Club provides them with opportunities to meet others in similar circumstances.
A General Meeting is held at 10:00 on the 2nd Monday of each month February to November [1st Monday if there is a Public Holiday that day, such as in June] in the Epping Presbyterian Church Hall in Rawson St near Bridge Street, Epping, NSW, and features a stimulating Guest Speaker. In December we have a Christmas Lunch in lieu of the General Meeting. Other activities include regular social outings and excursions, domestic and international travel, music appreciation, cycling, movies, theatre, lunch and dinner groups, day trips using train/bus/ferry, et cetera.
Note: General Meetings and other activities were suspended from April 2020 due to government health guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some activities (outdoor, or via ZOOM video technology) recommenced mid-2020. Guest Speaker activity recommenced using ZOOM in August 2020, and General Meetings via ZOOM in October 2020. Contact our Secretary by email [firstname.lastname@example.org] for the ZOOM meeting details.
Partners are always welcome at Club meetings during the year, and can participate in all the events and interest groups organised by the Club.
We invite you to attend a General Meeting or participate in an activity to see who we are and how we can add value to your life in retirement. Plan ahead using our Events Calendar.
For more information please contact Michael Brinsden (President) on (02) 9868 4940 or Ross Beattie (Secretary) on (02) 9871 1838.
Probus is a community service (social) activity of Rotary International. Our governing body is Probus South Pacific Limited.
Copyright EDPCi 2020